Long Jump and Triple Jump
standard warmup sequence
- Low-level skipping. (4x40m) Focus on keeping hips square and relaxing. What's a good way to relax? Loosen your jaw.
- Power skipping. Drive knees and opposite arms. 4x40m.
- 2-foot hop. 2x40m. Stretch high and forward.
- 1-foot hop. 5 in place right foot. 5 in place left foot.
- 1-foot hop, left leg, 20m, one person at a time.
- Then back on the opposite leg, one at a time.
- Bounding. 2 x 40m.
- 3 x standing TJ. 1 at a time for the first, then all together.
Finish into the pit.
- Skips for height.
- Skips for distance.
- Run-run-jump. (Land on opposite foot.)
- Hurdle jumps.~6 very low hurdles. 6-7 feet apart. Feet land almost together.
- Run-run-jump with arm action. Big circular sweep with opposite arm.
- 6-step popups. Put it all together. Standing landing.
- 6-step popups with landing.
- Penultimate-step drill.