Jeffrey A. Williams
Content Marketer | Business Strategist | Writer
5555 14th Ave. NW · Seattle, WA · 98107
206-972-2056 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15+ years' experience developing integrated content and marketing strategies at MSNBC.com, Expedia, Amazon.com, Microsoft, Holland America, and numerous Seattle-area startups.
- Drove content changes at Amazon that saved more than $3 million per year.
- Created Expedia's customer service voice during 7 years as senior writer-editor.
- Doubled page views in 4 months at MSNBC.com Travel.
- Children's book author and award-winning poet.
January 2014-Present: Principal, Rivet Hammer Digital Marketing.
Develop and execute content strategy for startups and rapidly expanding companies, including Cloudward, Capelli's, Scrubly, Arrow Jet, and Beaker Media. Duties include: messaging, lead generation, strategy, blogging, PR, retention campaigns, and ebook creation.
January 2014-Present: Principal, 320 Sycamore Studios.
Founder and author for children's book publishing company.
February 2012-Present: Partner. Plainfield Press.
Write children's stories for epublishing company.
September 2011-February 2012: Content Strategist, Writer. Holland America Line.
Developed and executed strategy for revising all destination and customer service content.
May 2011-July 2011: Writer. PhotoRocket
Developed content strategy. Created website content and new-customer e-mails, and executed marketing campaigns.
August 2010-February 2011: Editor. Inviso Corp.
Created knowledge-base content architecture for Microsoft Partner Network associates during major rebranding effort.
September 2008-August 2010: Customer Service Editor. Amazon.com.
Led improvements to customer service content that achieved a savings of more than $3 million per year. Earned prestigious Door Desk award. Maintained customer service content for more than 40 internal business customers.
June-August 2008: HR Editor. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Created new-hire materials optimized for print and Web.
April 2007-February 2008: Senior Writer/Consultant. Ascentium, Corp.
Created website content and marketing-communications collateral for Microsoft, Expedia, XM for Business, Farwest Steel, and King County Library System.
December 1999-March 2007: Communications Officer/Senior Editor. Expedia, Inc.
Developed and executed strategy for customer service website and email content. Developed and executed company news policy. Created communications materials for senior management. Managed, produced, wrote, and edited Expedia's 10th anniversary magazine.
June 1996-December 1999: Writer, Editor. MSNBC.com.
Created and executed strategy for MSNBC.com Travel section that led to a doubling of page views in 4 months. Created story packages, and wrote and edited stories on sports, travel, entertainment, and the arts.
- Travel Writer, Microsoft. Redmond, WA.
- English Educator, Japan.
- Communications Intern: International Standards Organization, Switzerland.
Education and Honors
- Master of Science: University of Utah
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California, Irvine.
- Business Administration: University of Washington.
- Growth Marketing: Andrew Chen's Silicon Valley Business Review course.
- Improv Theater: Unexpected Productions' 100-400 courses.
- Information Design: Edward Tufte.
- Content Usability, Design Thinking: Neilsen/Norman Group.
- 2nd place, poetry, 2013 Pacific Northwest Writers Association literary contest
- 2nd place, poetry, National Community College Humanities Association
- Big West Conference decathlon champion.
- Amazon.com Door Desk award, 2010.
- Former board member, Seattle Arts and Lectures
- Founder/writer: Rebel Crow poetry blog.