Here's the plan
- Identify your why, your purpose, your mission ... your story
- Describe what you do that no one else does. What's your talkable innovation?
- Capture your core difference in a pithy, memorable phrase.
- Visualize your ideal customer.
- Storytelling. How do you teach and keep story as part of organizational culture.
- Brand elements. How do they reinforce your story?
- Your unique process. What "this is how we do it here" process shows your key point of differentiation?
- Key indicators. What performance numbers do you need to track, and communicate, to everyone in the organization?
- Staff. What routines or processes do you use to keep your story top of mind?
- Customers. How do you measure and communicate results?
Source: "The Referral Engine," by John Jantsch
Here's how you articulate it
Messaging, talking logo, manifesto, etc.